The Lehigh valley is one of Pennsylvania’s fastest growing regions and it’s easy to why! According to LVEDC (Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation), “the region boasts dozens of scenic parks and recreational areas, strong school districts, cutting-edge programs at traditional colleges and universities, a thriving arts, and culture scene, and entertainment for all ages.” Let’s take a deeper look at what makes the Lehigh Valley a special place to build your #HomeSweetHome.
- The urban, suburban, eand rural setting! The Lehigh Valley is unique in that it blends three different types of areas seamlessly into a cohesive community. The three big cities; Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton anchor the smaller surrounding towns such as Emmaus, Nazareth, Hellertown, and Bangor. Travel a little future out and you’ll see vast stretches of farmland and open space. What these places all have in common is a culture of hard work, creativity, and community.
- There are great job opportunities! Historically the Lehigh Valley has promoted business growth and fostered a strong culture of workforce and economic development. There are numerous careers opportunities in advanced manufacturing, architecture and construction, business services, education and training, Government, Law, and Public Safety, Healthcare and Life Science. Growing business sectors include Hospitality, Tourism, Transportation, Distribution and Logistics.
- Top ranked healthcare! The healthcare industry in Lehigh Valley consistently ranks among the nation’s top providers. There are also a variety of specialties which the area is known for. Access to innovative treatment and leading-edge technology is strongly supported by the robust manufacturing base. Being one of the best isn’t enough either… this sector continues to grow and improve.
- Nightlife, entertainment, arts aplenty! The ArtsQuest Center and Levitt Pavilion at Steelstacks, The Banana Factory Arts Center and the Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts are some of the many cultural institutions found around the valley. Penn’s Peak, the PPL Center and The Wind Creek Casino are the perfect places for nightlife and entertainment. Don’t forget the myriad of local microbreweries and wineries. Perhaps the best-known event in the area is Musikfest, an annual weeklong music festival which is the largest non-gated music festival in the nation.
- It’s the People! All the things listed above wouldn’t be possible without the people who make it happen. An appreciation of arts and culture… an acceptance and embrace of diversity… an incredible quality of life without the downsides of larger, more densely packed cities; these are the defining characteristic of our community. We can’t wait for you to come and join us!
- BONUS… Highly respected colleges and universities! The valley is home to a number of highly touted private universities including Lehigh University, Lafayette College, Moravian University, Muhlenberg College, and DeSales University.
The staff at Robert K. Ace Jr. Construction lives here too! We are a family-owned business with deep roots in the community. To learn more about us and see what we have to offer, click here.